Programs on Social Mobilization
“A Training on Social Mobilization for Group Members of Dhalai District of Tripura under NERTPS- IBSDP on Leadership Training for Women & Their Empowerment”
Social mobilization is the process of bringing together allies to raise awareness of and demand for a particular program, to assist in the delivery of resources and services, and to strengthen community participation for sustainability and self-reliance.
Based on the potentialities of sericulture in the northeast region of India, the Govt. of India has undertaken projects under the “North East Region Textile Promotion Scheme” (NERTPS).
The projects aim at holistic development of sericulture in all its spheres from plantation development to production of fabrics with the value addition at every stage of the production chain. The sericulture project is being implemented in 8 districts of Tripura under NERTPS by the Directorate of Handloom, Handicraft, and Sericulture, Govt. of Tripura with support from the Central Silk Board, Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India.
The project has already outreached 14500 beneficiaries in the state.
- Women empowerment: Developing skills in women, providing equal job opportunities, and providing them appropriate technology for taking up production activities;
- Education: Providing support services for literacy
- Health and hygiene: Providing support for child and mother health care
- Skill Development: Training them for managerial abilities. Training tribal groups and providing job opportunities
- Creating self-sustainable community: Generating income of the target groups through Sericulture.
The Sericulture project implemented in Dhalai district. The training program was successful, it was attended by 760 beneficiaries who are currently doing sericulture under IBSDP.